Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Documented Life Project Week 18

The May theme from Documented Life Project is texture and the challenge form May 2 was: Fabric - The Fabric Of Your Life. I experimented with some fabric alternations and painting on fabric. I used an old bed shed to rust a piece, to spray dye one and to paint a piece of it. I did this all last summer and stored the fabrics didn't know what to make of them. So for this challenge I was well prepared. 

the finished page glued in my journal with "Liquitex Matte Gel" which I love for all gluing in my journal

I started with selection of fabric

my first choice - it was spray dyed with "Marabu Fashion Spray - Fabric Spray Paint"

my rusted fabric - I love the outcome of rusting fabric. I wrapped rusty screws in wet fabric and let it stay there in a plastic bag ( so it couldn't dry) for 10 days. 

my second background fabric was painted with "Javana - color for painting on silk ( it works well on cotton )

stabiliser sheets from "Freudenberg S 320) it makes the fabric real stiff

pressed on background

both backgrounds on stabiliser sheets

on my journal

how the rusted fabric looks close up


rusted fabric pressed on fusible web and layed out for pressing on the background

final layout

free hand quilting on the fabric

nearly ready

some details - it's a little Art Quilt

this looks like the shadow of a woman to me

the right side

at least some ribbons and a little quote for my finished page - the ribbons are also stitched on








finished and really happy with the result

No comments:

Post a Comment